New digital accessibility e-learning course
We’re pleased to announce the launch of our new digital accessibility e-learning course.
This engaging e-learning course has been developed in partnership with Kent Connects and Kent County Council. It is a practical course suitable for all staff, especially those who create documents or content for a website.
About the course
The course starts with an introduction to digital accessibility and explains why it is so important for your customers and you as an organisation.
You’ll discover how difficult it can be for customers who are blind or visually impaired, as well as those with dyslexia, arthritis or other conditions that affect their ability to access and understand your content.
It covers the steps you need to take to make sure that everyone can access your information and includes useful practical demonstrations of how to create accessible documents in Word including:
- Use heading styles correctly
- Avoid using blank spaces or lines to create space
- Formatting tables
- Accessible images and charts
- Avoiding floating images and objects
- Make hyperlinks accessible
- Using the accessibility checker
- Adding metadata
By the end of the course staff will understand why digital accessibility is so important and what they need to do to make a difference.
Here is a preview of the course:
The course is ready for you to use
Many local authorities in Kent, Sussex and Surrey are now accessing this course and rolling it out across their organisations.
We designed the course to be:
- Easy to follow, with a clear structure and concise content. It is important that you can get the most out of this course.
- Staff can do the course remotely, at a time that is convenient for them, and work through it at their own pace.
- They can dip in and out, revisiting parts when needed, particularly useful when they are working on some content or a document.
Your staff can access the course through our Connect to Learn platform or we can provide the course as SCORM files so you can add the course to your own e-learning management system.
There is a small cost for this course as we need to cover our development time and learning platform licenses. If you can let us know how many staff you would like to access the course we can provide you with a quote.
If you would like to access the course or to find out more please contact us.