SDS supporting partners to meet accessibility regulations
This Thursday marks the ninth Global Accessibility Awareness Day. Lots of different events are taking place across the world, all virtually of course, to get people talking, thinking and learning about digital accessibility and how to make our services more inclusive for everyone.
No doubt this year’s activities will be a reminder that the Governments accessibility regulations for all public sector websites are still due to come into force on the 23rd September 2020.
How SDS can help
Here at SDS we are working with lots of our partners to help them prepare for this deadline by:
- Carrying out high-level accessibility audits to identify issues that need to be addressed and help create a roadmap for improvements.
- Sharing a step-by-step process for tackling a backlog of PDFs and being an extra pair of hands to help make existing PDFs accessible.
- Providing guidance on how to write an accessibility statement.
- Delivering bite-size training videos for staff who are creating and editing content.
These cover the following topics:
- Introduction to accessibility
- Introduction to writing good content
- Writing for your customers, clearly and concisely (Plain English)
- Structuring and writing content for web pages
- Writing so your pages can be easily found (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Creating good and accessible online documents
There is still time
We know how busy you are dealing with all the impacts of COVID 19 and appreciate this may have caused your website accessibility plans to have been delayed.
Hopefully we can help by getting on with some of this work or training for you so that you can increase your accessibility rating and meet the regulations in time.
If you are interested in any of this support, please get in touch.