Introduction to digital accessibility
This course is aimed at all staff and includes an introduction to digital accessibility and why it is important, an overview of the rules and regulations, best practices for achieving digital accessibility and practical demonstrations on how to create accessible content that will meet the needs of your customers.
– The accessibility regulations and how it affects you.
– Why we use PDFs and difficulties they can cause.
– How to create accessible online PDFs using Word.
– Practical demonstrations of accessibility issues in Word and how to tackle them:
- Using heading styles correctly
- Making hyperlinks accessible
- Avoiding the use of blank spaces or lines to create space
- Formatting tables
- Creating accessible images and charts
- Avoiding floating objects
- Using the Word Accessibility checker
- Adding meta data
- Publishing as an accessible PDF
Overview of the course:
If you are a partner, you already have access to all of our e-learning courses.
If you are not a partner, we can provide a quote for you and colleagues to access the e-learning courses.